Getting a birth certificate from california

Birth and Death Records

Only the parties to the marriage may be provided a certified copy of a confidential marriage record. The Recorder-County Clerk's office must receive a completed application. Informational copies should not be purchased in order to obtain a driver's license, social security card, state I. The Recorder-County Clerk's office may provide a certified copy of a birth, death, or public marriage certificate to an authorized person only. If you are requesting a copy of a birth record of a child who has been adopted, or had a legal name change, contact California Department of Public Health, Office of Vital Records.

The Recorder-County Clerk's office does not maintain court records. If you are searching for a divorce decree, you will need to contact the court in which the divorce was filed. San Bernardino Court.

How to request Birth Certificate of your Child in USA

Toggle Navigation. Birth, Death, or Marriage Certificates. Birth, Death, or Marriage Outside of California If you were born in another state, write, or go to, the vital statistics office in the state or area where the event occurred.

Authorized Persons The Recorder-County Clerk's office may provide a certified copy of a birth, death, or public marriage certificate to an authorized person only. Learn why people trust wikiHow. Co-authored by Clinton M. There are 11 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. In order to obtain a copy of your birth certificate you need to apply through the CDHP. Here you will see all the steps you need to follow.

Orange County, California - Birth Certificates

You can download all the necessary forms directly from this website. Determine which copy you are entitled to. Depending on who you are, and whose birth certificate you are attempting obtain, you will be able to obtain either an "authorized copy," or an "informational copy" of the document. All other requesters may obtain an informational copy only. An informational copy contains the same information as an authorized copy, but is not a valid document to establish identity.

All birth certificates issued—whether authorized or informational—are certified. Download the required forms. This pamphlet is a comprehensive guide to the processes and fees. It also includes answers to some frequently asked questions. The pamphlet includes the application form, and sworn statement, which you need to complete and submit. Be sure to read through all the instructions on how to complete the application before you get started.

Fill out the application form.


Now you will need to complete the application form in full, following the guidelines given. You will need to state what kind of copy you require, authorized or informational, as well as stating your connection to the person named on the birth certificate. You must provide personal information about the person applying for the birth certificate.

This includes the name and address, as well as the reason for requesting the certificate. You will be asked to the name, city of birth, date of birth, and parents of the person named on the certificate, to the best of your knowledge. Find a notary public to authorize your sworn statement. A notary public is someone who is legally authorized to perform legal formalities.

This means that you need to take your sworn statement to the notary public.

Birth Records

They will authorize your sworn statement and seal it. You can also look up Notary Publics by city, zip code, and county through online search tools. Write a check. A certified birth certificate fee must accompany your application. Requests received without the appropriate fee will be returned.

The check must be from a United States bank. Do not send cash. CDPH won't be responsible if cash is lost in the mail.

You may obtain a certified copy of a birth, death or marriage certificate in person from our Riverside Gateway , Riverside Downtown , Hemet, Palm Desert, Temecula or Blythe offices. You will obtain your copy the same day provided the certificate has already been recorded.

Please include the appropriate fees, all required information, and the complete address to which you would like the copy mailed. Riverside County Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder does not accept credit cards or online orders; however, for your convenience, you can process online requests through an independent company that we have partnered with to provide you this service; VitalChek Network, Inc. The authorized requestor's name must match the name on the credit card billing address, and the credit card billing address must match the mailing address on file with your official government identification issuing agency.

Other internet vendors are not authorized by Riverside County and may charge additional fees without providing County-approved services. Neither Riverside County nor VitalChek has control over the services and fees other Internet vendors offer and charge.